Friday 15 December 2006

AMAZING! Photos of the Area


I work with the Web every day, and it still never ceases to amaze me.

The latest wonderful discovery is a combination of Yahoo owned Flickr (a great photography based community site), Google Maps (another clever tool from them) and the eternally brilliant bunch of users that come up with bright ideas. In this case, Sumaato Labs.

Now I can take my photos as I walk, upload them to Flickr, tag them with coordinates and place them on a map. Not only can you see where the individual photo was taken, but you can then map them to show all of them in the area.

See here on my Link to Flickr

(note, there seems to be an error at the moment. If you get an error message when you first visit the link, just reload the page and it works fine)

I am placing this link at the top of the Forest Hill Links Section on the left for future reference. This way there is a geographical and photographic record of Forest Hill for you to enjoy.

Now I just need to improve my photography skills, but this is already planned for 2007!

Enjoy!

No comments: